Sunday 10 December 2017

Stranger danger by Lemayan

There's a message in this story wriiten by scholarship student Lemayan Davis on subject: "Experience is the best teacher"
Although all kids in Kenya are taught in English, it is not their first language and nor is it used in most homes, so the standard of this essay is an illustration of the high standards in our Happy house school.

It was on Friday morning when I woke up late and tired.
The flickering rays of the sun coloured the eastern horizon orange and the dew on the grass shone brightly like broken glass in sunlight.
 I was extremely late for school and so I prepared myself quickly.
As I was going to school my mother gave me the last words ‘’Be back home early’’. 
No sooner had I reached the main road than I started running very fast as my feeble legs could carry me. The school bus had already left.
As I started  getting tired and  more tired I decided to walk slowly.
I saw a sleek, expensive car with tinted windows, move slowly by me and stop. There was a man and a woman inside the car.
 These two strangers offered to give me a lift, ‘’Could I say no?’’  Of course not.
 I had forgotten the warnings that my mother had given so many times.
I was late for school,   and I agreed. 
On reaching the school gate, the car did not stop. 
Instead of taking me to school the man drove the car another way towards the airport and you could see the car , which was going so fast, was going to collide.
A policeman  came and recognized them . He held my hand and called my mother. 
Without wasting even single minutes my mother arrived . 
The policeman explained what had happened to my mother and the two strangers were taken to the prison
 Tears of joy streamed down her cheeks as she ran towards me to take me into her embrace.
I was safe.