Friday 25 November 2016

Happy birthday Auntie Libby

 To wake up to a birthday surprise from Mama, Papa and all our kids was a gift worth more than any money could buy, writes Elizabeth Gomm
Tears streamed down my face at the same time as my heart was bursting with joy, as all the family wished me a happy day, blowing  "I love you" kisses.
To be a part of this amazing family, to be their Auntie Libby, and to know these beautiful children, who have been through so much, love me as I love them is more special than I can find words to describe.
It was lovely to see them, some grubby from playing out, singing and dancing for my birthday filled my day with Kenya sunshine.
In the nine years since I met Sue we have forged a a close friendship, shared good times and bad, and have created a sympathic and effective working relationship.
On my many visits to Happy House, I just slot into fantastic team there, working alongside Sue, Billy and Rose.
Working for Happy House here in the UK is a pleasure. I meet wonderful, generous people and, because I am in contact with Happy House every day, never feel out of the loop or isolated.
Within a few minutes of watching the birthday video, my phone rang. It was Mama, Papa and Auntie Rose calling to wish me a Happy Birthday.
I love them and miss them more than I can say, but wherever I go I carry them with me - in my heart.



LAST FEW DAYS TO CAST YOUR VOTE


Please vote for Children of Watamu in the documentaries category of the Charity Film Awards to highlight our work with children from despair at our at the Happy House and our founder Sue Hayward's inspiring story told in the beautiful film made for us, free of charge, by Massimiliano Zeuli  Please vote for Children of Watamu and ask your friends to do the samehttp://www.charityfilmawards.com/videos/children-of-watamu

Make a Christmas gift

If you would like to make a gift to Happy House for Christmas, here's how.
We are keeping our Festive Holiday Fund appeal open so that anyone who would like to make a Christmas gift to our family can do so there - every penny will directly benefit our children.Every penny will make a difference to children's lives. Thank you.