Saturday 5 April 2014

Mama Sue: A woman to admire

New friends Lucy Isley and Mark Jubb found the Happy House on a pre-holiday  Google search and liked what they saw!
After checking out the website and following the blog, Lucy said they knew it was a worthy place to donate a suitcase of new clothes, toiletries and other things.
And they were bowled over when they met Mama Sue and our family for themselves.
Lucy, from Peterborough, said: "Sue is an inspirational woman and I admire her so much. What she is doing is something similar to what I've wanted to do since being a child. 
My mum lived in Kenya as a child and so I've always had a lot of love for this country. I'll be making sure I arrange a way that I can help out for the foreseeable future.
The children at Happy House are so bright and bubbly, nothing like I'd have imagined, they're the opposite of the typical "orphan" image that automatically springs to mind.
I found a lot of love for every single one of the children but David, is my motivation to do more!
Sue should be extremely proud of what she has done and the staff are an asset to her."
Thank you Lucy and Mark for coming to see us and for your gifts. It was lovely to see you and look forward to getting to know you better.