Wednesday 3 July 2013

Good news at last for Mama and Papa and family

 On June 14 I wrote to say thank you to everyone  for all the good wishes and messages during my recent illness. 
On Monday, July 1, I had my follow up appointment with Mr Steve Mannion, the orthopaedic surgeon who removed my failed hip replacement and put in an antibiotic spacer to clear up any infection lurking there. As most of you will know, the original hip replacement had been done in Mombasa Hospital in 2010 after a fall when I broke my hip, and my arm in three places too
 I could have kissed Mr Mannion when said that he will operate to give me a total hip replacement at the beginning of August and  six weeks after the operation I will be able to fly home to my children.
 If everything goes according to plan Mama and Papa will be home by the end of September. I cannot put into words how Dave and I feel about this fantastic news. 
We had planned to return home by the end of July, so it doesn't sound long to be delayed until the end of September. Trust me it is !
The children were planning a party to welcome us home in July so to tell them that we were unsure when we would be able to return home was heartbreaking, for us and for them.
 At last Kidz, Mama has some good news!!
 As yet we do not have exact dates so I will not tell the children until I can be precise, no one of would be able to cope with any more disappointments.
Steve & Cherith Cushing are very kindly organising a BBQ Garden party on Saturday, July 13, in the lovely grounds of their home at Hawes House Farm, Staining, near Blackpool.
 As I missed the Charity Night in March  it will be an ideal opportunity to see everyone and thank you  all for your support before we return home to our ever growing family.
I am hoping that as many of you as possible will join us for a  great afternoon and evening, of good food, fun and games. 
It will be a real family get together.
 I am dealing with the tickets so please contact me as soon as possible. sue@childrenofwatamu.net
Papa Dave and I are really looking forward to seeing you all.
Love and; best wishes,
Mama Sue, Papa Dave &The Happy House Family xx


Steve and Cherith Cushing's HAPPY HOUSE GARDEN PARTY & BBQ, JULY 13, at Hawes House Farm, off Chain Lane, Staining, Blackpool from 3pm,, food from 5pm to 7pm.
Game Shows raffle, quizzes etc,  By ticket only: £10 inc food (under 12 free) . Email sue@childrenofwatamu.net for tickets, please, all proceeds to our Happy House, Watamu, Kenya