Tuesday 5 March 2013

Make mine a half!

Congratulations to Amanda Barron for completing her first half marathon in just  2 hours 14 minutes - faster than she thought possible!
And she has also smashed her £500 fundraising target by raising £770, so far,  in donations for our Happy House family.
Amanda. whose previous best was a 100 metres at school,  spent weeks preparing for her big run.
"I was aiming for 2 hours 30 minutes," says Amanda, who took part in the Bath Half Marathon on Sunday.
"All in all it wasn't too bad!  The training paid off as it didn't start hurting until about mile 12 so I was delighted with that.
"Although today......that's another story!  My body is extremely unhappy with me."
Amanda, who lives in Bath, is a member of Margaret's sponsor family and it was our children's courage and resilience which spurred her to get running to raise some money.
"I hope that it goes some way to helping the Happy House," she says
"Please send my thanks to the children at the Happy House for inspiring me to do something that I would have never dreamed of doing if it weren't for them!  
''It's quite a personal accomplishment and I want to make sure they know how they helped me achieve that."
Thank you Amanda, we are so grateful to you for pulling out all the stops to help us and congratulations on achieving your own personal goal.
If you would like to make a donation to Amanda's effort please visit http://www.justgiving.com/Amanda-Barron1