Friday 6 January 2012

Having a ball


Christina Young, a member of baby David's sponsor family, is pulling out all the stops to raise funds for the Happy House with a glitzy Masquerade Ball next month.
And it will be a chance for all our supporters in the south to meet and get together.
Relationship counsellor Christina, author of the much-acclaimed A Woman's Guide to Forgiving Infidelity, is so impressed by the way the charity is putting hope back into the hearts of vulnerable children she is staging the Masquerade Ball at Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club, South Croydon, on February 25.
The black-tie event, with a three-course luxury dinner, aims to pile up the £s to help David and his Happy House "brothers and sisters".
Christina said: "I first heard about the charity through Lynn who volunteers at the Happy House and after talking to her it got me thinking just how lucky my children had been in being able to take so many things for granted.
"Things which the kiddies at Happy House would not even be able to dream about!
"And when my own grandchildren arrived it made me realise how much I want to help children and those less fortunate that my own family.
"The Happy House was exactly what I was looking for. It gives children, from the the most terrible circumstances, a really special family home and very best of education.
"I knew it was the right decision to get involved and support a child and Sue and her husband Dave who are doing an amazing job out there.
"Baby David, who has Down's, has the very best chance thanks to the Happy House.
"As a member of his sponsor family it is so rewarding to see how he is coming on and to share his journey with him via emails from the Happy House and on the daily blog postings. It's a very precious thing to have this beautiful boy in my life.
"And I so hope that 2012 will be the year I get to visit the Happy House and to meet him for myself."
Tickets for the ball, with reception drink, three course meal, half a bottle of wine, disco, raffle and auction, are £49 and are available from Christina on 07770 945 100.