Wednesday 27 July 2011

Kind hearts in Kirkham

Thank you to the very kind and attentive members of Kirkham Probus Club, Lancashire, for giving me such a warm welcome when I went to tell them all about Sue and the incredible journey that led her to the Happy House.
They were moved, inspired and amazed by how one woman's sheer determination and dedication has given us this wonderful charity which is saving and changing so many children's lives.
They were so interested that their questions at the end of my talk lasted 25 minutes!
And they were generous to our children too, individual donations made the club donation of £30 up to a total of £85.
Thank you all, so much, for your kindness.
The pictures show the members at the meeting, and me with Ray Huck, who invited me to speak, secretary Geoffrey Singleton and chairman Don Fletcher.